14 Hacks To Ensure Your Drains Keep Clean
Blocked Drains Can Happen At The Least Convenient Times, And Can Be A Nightmare. Clogged drains can mean leakage and poor quality because of water left sitting for too long. However, regular maintenance can help avoid these problems.
A clogged drain is caused by the accumulation of debris, small objects, grease, or the intrusion of tree roots into your drainage system. Clogged drainage systems can happen in both your house and in the main lines.
However, By Following These Rules You Can Avoid A Clogged Drain
1. Use a plunger for minor clogs as it is truly effective. It really is.
2. Clean out debris in the drain by raising up the stoppers in your bathtub. Washing the stoppers before you replace them will help prevent future build - ups.
3. If You Suffer From Hair Loss, Ensure There Is A Barrier (Mesh) On The Plug When Washing Your Hair In The Bath Or The Sink You wouldn't let food just fall into the kitchen sink, so in the same manner, keep your hair from going down your bathroom pipes.
4. To also help eliminate the build - up of hair, you can brush your hair prior to taking a bath in order to remove any loose hair.
5. Get grates installed over your drains. Use A Non - Corrosive, Bacteriological Drain Cleaner.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. If you get a yearly contract with a drainage company, then you will benefit from inspections and servicing of your drains, even if you don't need to call on them. Drainage Birmingham is a fine example of companies that offer this service in Birmingham. The drainage system of your home will benefit from maintenance and telling your family about this is a good idea.
8. Avoid using these. They are corrosive and will damage your pipes overtime.
9. You Drain Isn't For Any Kind Of Rubbish. Use dustbins for that.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. The only things allowed to go down the drain are; for your sink - water, and your toilet - water, urine and faeces.
12. You Can Use Your Wire Coat Hanger As A Hook When You Straighten It And Then Pass It Into Your Drain To Remove Debris That Accumulates There.
13. You can prevent the build - up of grease in the drain by pouring hot salty water down it.
14. When it comes to drain system maintenance, there are a hundred more tips you can follow, even some that go against tradition. Ensure you do not use any acid based solutions.
If you try all these tips and still have no luck fixing your drainage system and are without a drainage company contract to back you up, don't force it. Rather, make the call for professional help if the issue persists. If you reside in or near Birmingham, then the technicians at Drainage Birmingham are your best option.